Do you guys remember the days when Lauren Brimely flooded your instagram feed with her delicious snacks and recipes? I do, and it makes me a little sad that she is taking a break from the internet because I miss her creatively plated up mid week lunches. One of my favourite recipes she shared many moons ago is her insanely delicious chickpea chocolate chip cookies. These. Are. Tasty. Each time I make these cookies I try to experiment with the recipe & add something different & for this batch I added some medjool dates. You guys, I cannot stress how easy these are to whip up, especially if you already have all of the ingredients and a spare five minutes.
- 1 x tin of chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/2 cup of almond butter
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup of oats
- 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup
- dash of sea salt
- 1 x teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- In a food processor, combine all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips
- When combined to a cookie dough consistency, min in the chocolate chips with a spoon
- Wet your hands & form into balls & flatten
- Bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes
Easy, huh? These are the type of cookies that you can whip up twenty minutes before you have guests over for morning tea, and yes, that is how things usually roll at my house right before a play date! Enjoy your weekend!