Pages

Thursday 13 November 2014

Toddler Meals // Breakfast




I must admit, for the breakfast shift I don't often opt for the most creative option, it's usually cereal or toast. But last week I picked up one of these convenient Nuby 'section plates' that are darn handy for  adding variety in at meal times.

I like to give Romy a couple of different things for lunch on her plate so she gets a little bit of everything & is more open to trying new foods. The past couple of mornings Romy hasn't really been too interested in her bowl of cereal, so this morning I did something similar to lunch and gave her a breakfast variety plate - which was a success!


Romy ate yogurt topped with a light sprinkle of muesli, a small handful of black currant weetibix & milk, banana fingers & orange slices. The last week or so Romy has been much more interested in fruit and has really taken a liking to orange slices. She still however will only eat bananas if they're cut into finger pieces rather than circles. Oh well, as long as she's eating them right?!

4 comments:

  1. Love sectioned plates! They remind me to mix Lyla's meals up a little haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sectioned plates are great for that! I've actually been looking for one for aggges, and only just found this one a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't find a single one in any of the baby shops near me. Romy has actually started to try new foods now that we're mixing her meals up more.

      Delete
  2. I think that I would like that breakfast as well...& in the sectioned plate. :)

    Mandie ~ http://badbrewpack.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes make similar breakfasts to Romy's and they're just not as fun on a grown up flat plate!

      Delete